Wednesday, March 22, 2006

MetaParody can be MetaPerfect

Return of the RainmakerToday, I am a happy panda.

The reason for this, for those who may be pondering why, is that I just got my latest issues of PS238. And them's some good readings.

I've always been a fan of the work of Aaron Williams, and the two comics he updates on the web - Nodwick and Full Frontal Nerdity - are both pretty rad.

But I really love Public School 238. The premise - a school specifically designed for the eduction of metapowered youth. It starts out fun and silly, playing around with all the cliches and jokes that can come out of the genre... especially when dealing with kids, and school teachers.

And then... it really gets good. The humor is still there, but it embarks on ambitious storyline after ambitious storyline, each one leaving the reader wanting more.

I got my daily dose today, and can only hope the weekly doses of Nodwick will be able to tide me over till the next issue...

No comments: