Monday, February 12, 2007

Whisper on the Wind

It starts with a bang.As a reader of what is, in all honesty, far too many webcomics, I tend to find myself often trying to share my favorite strips with my friends. Occasionally I manage to spread a winner like xkcd through the whole crowd - occasionally I'll ramble on about Cigarro and Cerveja, and everyone will just smile and nod.

It was something of a surprise when one of my friends gave me a taste of my own medicine, and told me - repeatedly - to read Storm Corps.

I'm ashamed to say I didn't listen to her for months.

Partly because I already read - as previously established - far too many webcomics. I'm doing my best to keep my list manageable - adding another to the pile is just asking for trouble.

But nonetheless, I keep stumbling across ones that I just can't say no too, and trying to find the time in the day to keep track of them all.

Hence, when I finally got around to taking a look at Storm Corps, I resigned myself to yet another addition to the list.

Storm Corps is science fiction that I can get behind. It has just the right amount of action and deliberation, it is filled with its own nifty brands of sci-fi tech, and it has interesting - and mysterious - otherwordly happenings shrouded behind it all.

The art is gorgeous (I'm a sucker for pretty much anything fully colored and developed.) The characters are distinct, the premise is great.

Most of all, it leaves me wanting more. The second major story arc has just kicked off, and I'm even more desperate to find out what is going on. There is a ton of things currently up in the air, I've got no idea what is going on behind the curtain, and I'm loving every moment of it. That's a very nice trick to pull off.

If you like a good story and good art, and a fair share of almost psuedo-mystical science fiction, check it out. And hey, if you feel up to it - tell your friends, too.

No comments: