Thursday, July 06, 2006

Speaking of back again...

I've noticed a handful of webcomics have returned from the lands beyond while I was gone.

This pleases me greatly.

These days, I find it safer to assume that a comic on hiatus will never more see the light of day. This isn't to say I don't check back with them time and time again - but this way, if they do resume, the return is all the sweeter.

Anyway, on to the show:

NeverNever has seen its share of troubles. It has had no less than three long breaks, each of them close to two years in length. Since its inception, it has had more time in absentia than actually updating.
Back in business!
But... it keeps coming back.

Given how many setbacks it has had, the fact that it returns time and time again (much like its primary villain, the Black Knight himself) is pretty damn impressive.

It's a nice comic. I'm glad to see it back. For the most part, it isn't anything heartbreaking or award-winning - just a classy little comic with cute characters, a fun story, and its fair share of silly jokes.

The new artist is looking like an absolutely perfect fit for the style, to be sure. So I'm all the more eager to see where it is going from here.

In any case, it's likely this isn't news to you - NeverNever's return has been pretty heavily hyped, just as it has in the past. (As a matter of fact, I think one of its previous rebounds was when I first was introduced to it.)

There is another comic whose return, on the other hand, may have fallen a bit more under the radar: On the Playground.

I plan to give some more in-depth chatter on that bad boy tomorrow, but thought I should make sure to spread the word as soon as possible. This is a fantastic comic - filled with a lot of the cuteness that has made Count Your Sheep into such a star, though it tends to bring out its sharper edge more often than not. Of course, sometimes childhood wins out too.

In any case, some great comics that I'm glad to see back on the funny pages... so to speak.

No comments: